To make Jewish day schools affordable for every family in the Greater Toronto Area
- To mobilize the community and raise its awareness of the urgency and seriousness of the issue.
- To act as a catalyst for placing the issue of affordable day school at the top of the community’s agenda.
- To develop an overarching strategy in support of increased market share/enrolment in the day schools.
- To search for funding solutions in order to increase enrollment.
- To secure public funding in Ontario for the day schools.
Approach & Philosophy
- As an independent grassroots body of concerned individuals — each with considerable professional and volunteer experience in Jewish communal life — we extend a hand to everyone who might want to be part of the solution.
- We engage with experts, parents, teachers, schools, community leaders and the public through meetings, weekly messages, a website, and a Facebook page.
- We aim to widen the group of solution-seekers and increase the possibilities of finding new ideas and new thinking about funding and especially new people to become involved with their energy, commitment, and resources.
We are mounting a court challenge to Ontario‘s refusal to extend funding to
independent schools, including the Jewish day schools. For more information, see GAJE’s Court Challenge to Secure Public Funding in Ontario.