To make Jewish day schools affordable for every family in the Greater Toronto Area
- To mobilize the community and raise its awareness of the urgency and seriousness of the issue.
- To act as a catalyst for placing the issue of affordable day school at the top of the community’s agenda.
- To develop an overarching strategy in support of increased market share/enrolment in the day schools.
- To search for funding solutions in order to increase enrollment.
Approach & Philosophy
- As an independent grassroots body of concerned individuals – each with considerable professional and volunteer experience in Jewish communal life – we will extend a hand to everyone who might want to be part of the solution
- We will engage with experts, stakeholders in the community and outside, interested community members, through a website, Facebook page, public and private events (including a symposium), targeted discussions, community-wide debates, meetings, and published essays
- We will not point fingers at anyone. By widening the group of the solution-seekers, we will increase the possibilities of finding new ideas and new thinking about funding and especially new people to become involved with their energy, commitment and resources.